Hello to all our friends of Pirates
A very successful Sportsman’s Lunch was held yesterday with the men from the Golden Lions – thanks to all our members for their support. This weekend is a good busy weekend for the Club with the Club Draw tonight, Junior Hockey Prize Giving on Saturday morning and Junior Rugby Super Rugby Day on Saturday afternoon. See you all at the Club.
The Jozi Market is also planning a big day on Saturday with a Spring Picnic – there will be 10 new traders at the market on Saturday. Come down and have a look.
CLUB DRAW – TONIGHT R1 500.00 TO BE WON
We look forward to seeing many people at the Club this evening for the Club Draw and to watch the Lions vs Western Province Currie Cup Game.
The Club Draw will take place at 18h30 and the Lions game kicks off at 19h00
See you all at the Club later
CHARLES GLASS SOCIETY AT PIRATES
Pirates will be hosting the Charles Glass Society on Thursday 5th September in the Main Bar of the Club. The guest speaker is Mark Boucher and all proceeds made from the evening will be donated to the SAB Boucher Rhino Conservation Fund. Everyone is welcome so invite your friends and come along for a great evening.
Please let me know if you are able to join us. Below is the invitation with the details of the evening.
PIRATES CRAFT BEER CLUB
Following on from a very successful Beer Tasting last month the Club will be holding another Craft Beer Tasting on Thursday 12th September. We will be tasting beers from Keghouse Brewery – this again should be great fun. There are still limited seats available so let Non know if you are keen to join us.
The cost is R50.00 per person which includes the tasting of a few beers and a very light meal.
The Bar is now stocking Copperlake Dark Ale which was the most popular beer from the last tasting. These beers are selling for R25.00 each so come down to the Club and enjoy some great Craft Beer.
HOCKEY TRIVIAL PURSUIT EVENING
A SCARY GOOD TRIVIAL PURSUIT
It is the annual Pirates Hockey Trivial Pursuit on Friday the 13th of September and this year the theme is all things horror. The event is 6:00 for 6:30 and we are expecting a bumper turnout! The cost to enter is R100 per person. You can book tables of up to 8 or enter as an individual and we will find you a table to join. You will receive a shooter on arrival and there will be prizes for the best-dressed / horror-themed outfits. To book a table please e-mail Marc Ashton (firstname.lastname@example.org) – come out and support Pirates Hockey!
TOUCH RUGBY AT PIRATES
Touch Rugby is held everyone Monday evening at Pirates – the new Season is about to start so join now by contacting them via their website.
PIRATES HOCKEY LADIES DO WELL AT IPT
Update : SA LADIES 2013 HOCKEY IPT IN PE
GOLD – Southern Gauteng are champions once again of the “A” section , beating WP in the final 2-1
SILVER – Western Province
BRONZE – Northern Province
Pirates Representatives in the Southerns Team:
GOLD – Witsies also brought home the gold
Pirates Representative in the Witsie’s:
Congratulations Ladies what fantastic results
Superbru is going well. Here is the Leader board after week 3. Don’t forget to do your picks before the end of the day
If you have not paid for your Superbru – please do so by today
WHAT’S ON AT THE CLUB THIS WEEKEND
- Club Draw at 18h30
- Currie Cup Fixture Lions vs Western Province at Ellis Park. Kick off at 19h10
- Jozi Market from 08h30 – 10 new Stalls this Saturday and a lovely picnic at the Club
- Junior Hockey Prize Giving from 09h30 to 11h00
- Junior Rugby Super Rugby Day – this is an internal Club Tournament from 13h00 – 17h00
- Pirates U14’s and U15’s are playing at Pirates against UJ on Saturday from at 18h00 and 19h00 respectively
- Cheetahs vs Griquas in Bloemfontein Kick off @ 15h00
- Sharks vs Blue Bulls in Durban Kick off @ R17h00
- All games will be on the big screens at Pirates in the Main Bar
We look forward to seeing many people down at the Club over the weekend.
WINE CLUB SUPPORTS THE CLUB
The Pirates Wine Club is paying, with their funds raised, for the re-upholstering of the soft chairs in the Club.
These are being done by a lady who lives in Bethany House – which is a Home of Abused Women who are taught a skill and encouraged to get their lives together again.
Thank you Pirates Wine Club for helping Pirates and for enhancing someone else’s life through your kindness
BOOT CAMP COMING TO PIRATES
- Club Draw – TONIGHT. R1 500.00 to be won
- Pirates is hosting the Festival of Beer on the 6th, 7th and 8th September. Entry is R120.00 – this should be a fantastic event
- Beer Club – Thursday 12th September. We are tasting beer from Keghouse
- Pirates Hockey Trivial Pursuit Evening – Friday 13th September
- Ladies Lunch diarise the date NOW – Saturday 12th October 2012
- Visit the Pirates website to have a look at the new pictures www.piratesclub.co.za
Look forward to seeing many members at the Club this weekend.