We have experienced great demand so far for Pirates 2 Pirates and it is already a record size running group. As the run is for charity we have decided to keep registration open up until this weekend. We still have a few seats left on the bus if anyone wants to register for that. In order to register you can click on the following link:
The logistics on Sunday are working as follows:
· This year’s edition of P2P is the first time we have managed to get the logistics right to host the up run. The intention going forward will be to alternate direction each year. If you want an electronic map for inserting in your watch you can make contact with me.
· The run will start at 7am on Sunday at Greenside Pirates, 25 Braeside Road. We encourage participants to get there 15 minutes early to get their items on the tog bag bakkie if needed. Speaking of the tog bag bakkie there is no charge to transport your items in it, whether it be a change of clothes, some drinks or some meat (or all three).
· The 22km’s can be run at your leisure but there will be a few groups of runners of similar abilities to ensure no-one gets lost or left behind. It will be apparent within the first few km’s the appropriate group to be in as we climb up into Melville.
· There are no set or official water points along the route. As in the past a few of the supporters may setup them up but we encourage runners to make sure that they are self-sufficient if need be. There are plenty of cafes and garages along the route where runners can buy something to drink.
· We encourage all the runners to run in club colours if you belong to a running club.
· Upon completion of the run there are showers available at Orlando Stadium and the tog bag bakkie will be there to collect your bags from.
· The Motlana Branch of the Orlando Pirates Supporters Club have selected a house one road up from the stadium to host the braai for those that are staying for the festivities – this should start around 10:30am. People attending the bring and braai are encouraged to bring their own meat and drinks although there are shops in the area (another use for the tog bag bakkie)
· It appears that the PSL are getting behind this event as Love PSL, the Supersport Magazine show will be doing a piece at the finish and the local Caxton newspapers looking to put a few articles together of the event.
· For those that are catching the bus back to Greenside the bus will leave Orlando at 3pm.