Hello Pirates Friends
What a fantastic weekend we had at Pirates. The weather was fantastic and the members and friends came down to the Club in their droves.
The Club Draw was well supported thanks to everyone who was there. Again no money was won so the winnings are now up to R4 500.00 at the next draw. The names out the barrel were:
Craig Hume for R4 000.00
Colin Mithley for R2 000.00
Charles Davis for R1 000.00
Sorry that you guys missed out – see you next time
MAIN CLUB AGM – MONDAY 21ST MAY
Notices have been sent out for the AGM but just a reminder that the AGM is taking place on Monday 21st May 2012 in the Old Bones at 18h30. Some important decisions regarding the 125 Birthday celebrations will be discussed and voted on so make sure you are there to have you say. Be there it is the right thing to do
TEST TICKETS AVAILABLE – ENGLAND VS SPRINGBOKS
Pirates Rugby Club has tickets available for the Test at Coca Cola Park on Saturday 16th June. Tickets are selling fast so don’t delay and contact Non soon to reserve your ticket R500.00 per tickets which includes a return bus trip to the game. Contact Non on 083 635 2813
PIRATES – A GREAT PLACE TO WATCH SPORT on hd TV’s
Come down to the Club and watch sport on our fantastic big screens in Old Bones
What is on this weekend
Friday 11h May
All games in the morning
Saturday 12th May
Sharks vs Force – Kick Off at 17h05 in Durban
Stormers vs Cheetahs – Kick Off at 19h10 in Cape Town
Here are the lady Iron Man candidates in action in PE. Well done Roxy and Chana Lee
RUGBY AT HOME AGAINST PUKKE – SATURDA 19TH MAY
Pirates had a tough day against UJ on Saturday with all sides going down to the University. The 1st Teams score was 36 – 20 in favour of the visitors. This weekend the Club has a bye due to the withdrawal of Vereeniging Rugby Club. Our next game is at home against Pukke on Saturday 19th May = this will be another tough game for Pirates. Good Pirates support would be greatly appreciated – we will once again have a wonderful family environment available and a wonderful destination to visit.
PIRATES GREENSIDE TO ORLANDO PIRATES – 12th May
The Bus is leaving at 13h00 to Orlando Pirates on Saturday 12th May R200.00 per ticket which includes the stadium ticket, return bus trip and drinks on the bus. The game against Bloem Celtic will kick off at 15h00. This is going to be great fun so if anyone still wants to join us we have a few seats left on the bus please give Non a call.
MOTHERS DAY LUNCH AT PIRATES – HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Unfortunately the response to our Mother’s Day lunch was very poor so we have had to cancel it.
SPORTSMAN’S LUNCH – THURSDAY 14TH JUNE
Pirates is hosting a Sportsman’s Lunch on Thursday 14th June – just before the England/Springbok Test. Guest Speakers for the day are our old friend and English player PETER WINTERBOTTOM and Springbok RAY MORDT. This promises to be a great lunch at the Club and we need the support of members to this event. The cost is R200.00 per person To reserve your table or seat please contact Les Lambert on 082 552 6704 or at the office 011 646 5025
PIRATES SPORTS SHOP
The Pirates Sports Shop has received its new Pirates branded stock. We now have Pirates Ladies and Junior hockey kits, Pirates Hoodies, Caps, Beenies and Long Sleeve shirts. We also carry a full range of Hockey and Squash equipment. The new Running and Rugby stock will arrive shortly. Opening hours are Mon-Fri 17:00 to 20:00 and Sat 08:30 to 12pm.
FRISBEE CLUB NEWS
Pirates is the home of the Ultitude Ultimate Frisbee club of Johannesburg. Ultitude entered three teams in the recent South African National Championships held in Cape Town, 27-29 April. Ultitude Sic came 5th, Ultitude Air 10th and Ultitude Jack Sparrows, 16th. Photos are available from the website and youtube.
Implement Sharpening Service
All domestic and household tools sharpened quickly and at affordable prices. This includes twist drills and ‘pinking’ shears. Please contact Roy for great service on 082 888 2553
- CLUB AGM – on Monday 21st May at 18h30 in the Old Bones Bar. Be there it is the right thing to do
- Texas Holdem Evenings will be held every Wednesday in the Pigeon House. The 1st one took place on Wednesday and it was a great success. Join us on Wednesdays in the Pigeon House
- Wine Pirates Wine Club – next tasting Thursday 24th May. More details to follow
- WiFi zone at your Club – come down and enjoy free internet connection in the comfort of your own Club
- The contact details for our caterer is: Mandy Cell: 082 295 2505 or email@example.com For any of your catering requirements give Mandy a call and she will help you out with anything.
- Have you ordered your My School Card this is an excellent way to raise funds for our Club so please make the effort and order one and donate money to the Club while you shop. To get your card please visit www.myschool.co.za and order it, it is as easy as pie and your card will be delivered to you at no cost.
- If you have paid your subs please collect your key ring and parking sticker from the office or let us know when you are down and we will leave it with the barmen.
Have a fun weekend and see you down at the Club – keep smiling