The Wanderers race on Sunday 29th August was the start of the Old Goats / Young Kids challenge – this is where the exuberance and energy of youth (i.e. those under 40) believe they can out-perform the wisdom and craftiness of experience (i.e. those over 40).
The Challenge is quite simple – there are 4/5 events over September/October, the last being a Pirates Time Trial. Each Pirates runner finishing the event gets a certain number of points giving a team total per race.
In total 65 runners participated in the Wanderers event, which must in itself be some sort of record. As was expected, the wisdom of age did out-perform the exuberance of youth on the day – the Young Kids getting 2068 points and the Old Goats a whopping 2514 points!
The first event is at Pirates next Tuesday 13th September at 17h45.
We will be using part of the golf course for the run/walk – thank you Ian and Parkview Golf Club.
Just a reminder about the Pirates 2 Pirates training run on the 25th September. We have had a good number of responses to date but there is still lots of space on the run and on the bus, for those that wish to make use of the travel arrangements.
Pirates Road Running and the Motlana Branch of the Orlando Pirates Supporters Club invite you and your family / friends to join them in this year’s Pirates 2 Pirates. A relatively easy 22km route between the grounds of two of Joburg’s oldest sporting institutions, namely Pirates Greenside and Orlando Pirates. This year for the up run we will be starting at Pirates Greenside and finishing at the Orlando Stadium. The information you may require is in the attached pdf but some of the important logistics to note:
· Start at Pirates Greenside – 7am 25th September 2016
· There will be a Tog Bag truck to transport bags, clothes, meat and drinks to the finish (more on the last 2 later)
· Finish at Orlando Stadium
· Shower facilities available at Orlando Stadium
· We will be having a braai at a private residence close to the Stadium – runners to provide own food and drink
· There is a bus back at 3pm from the braai, tickets are available at R100 per person and can be ordered through the registration process. Alternatively runners can make their own transport arrangements
· Pdf attachment includes the registration link and all runners will be required to register and pre-pay (no cash will be taken on the day)
· All participants are requested to make donation of at least R50 to the Vukani Learning Centre, the official charity of the Motlana Branch of the Orlando Pirates Supporters Club. Pirates Road Running will collect your donations and make bulk payment across to the Motlana Branch
You are more than welcome to forward the email on to your friends and family but they will also need to register via the very quick link.
Any queries to be sent to David Case: firstname.lastname@example.org