Good Day Pirates Members and Friends
The Vodacom Cup Game was a great success on Saturday – thanks for the support. This weekend sees a very busy vibrant Pirates with the 125 Birthday Celebrations continuing with a Cocktail Party this evening and a Rugby Festival on Saturday. We look forward to the support of our members this weekend – it promises to be a goodie
NICK MALLETT AT PIRATES TONIGHT
There are limited tickets still available so if you are able to join us please give Non a call on 011 646 5025 (reminder this is a Gents only evening)
A RUGBY FESTIVAL AT THE CLUB ON SATURDAY
Pirates will be a hive of activity on Saturday with a packed house of games starting at 12h00. Here are the fixtures for the day
[ahm-wp-tabular id=2119 template=Web2]
PIRATES IS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE WITH VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE
Pirates Club is a very special Club and it is a privilege to work with so many fantastic people. Over the last week we have been blown away by the generosity and interest in Pirates. I would like to thank these special members for their help:
- Les Lambert for organising for the fields to be cut for the Club before we hosted the Vodacom Cup game – we received so many compliments on how good the Club was looking.
- Colin Barry for the fantastic new floodlights – wow guys we look like Ellis Park now. This was a mammoth job and there is no cost to the Club. Thank you CB your contribution is invaluable to the Club
- Max Holding for organising a printer for the Club at no cost – and he spent the whole afternoon installing it and making sure we were all printing again. This is such a saving to the Club and we are most grateful
- Steve Carlton for sorting out the rugby posts by making sure they were all straight and in the correct position. When Steve was precariously hanging from a ladder last Friday I challenged the Lions players who practising their kicking that if they could hit him they could get free beers after the game – none of them could do it so the beers and Steve were safe J
PIRATES A GREAT PLACE TO WATCH SPORT ON TV
Come down to the Club and enjoy the great atmosphere by watching on the big screens
Saturday – Super Rugby
Crusaders vs Bulls in Christchurch – Kick Off at 08h35
Reds vs Force in Brisbane – Kick off at 10h40
Sharks vs Brumbies in Durban – Kick off at 17h05
Saturday – Six Nations
Italy vs Ireland in Rome – Kick off at 16h30
Wales vs England in Cardiff – Kick off at 19h00
France vs Scotland in Paris – Kick off at 22h00
Pirates Cricket Premier League doing well
The Pirates Premier League side is top of the table with only a few games left. Well done for a great season guys and good luck for the rest of the games. Bring that Trophy home.
MINI HOCKEY GOT OFF TO A GREAT START
This is for U5 to U13 Boys and Girls. Mini Hockey starts this weekend so bring your children down to enjoy learning about the great game of hockey. Practices are held on Saturday mornings from 09h00 – 10h30. Cost is R900.00 for the Season
For more details contact Sue Dacre 083 651 4410/ email@example.com It is not too late to come down – so see you there!
- The Welsh Males Voice Choir is performing at Pirates Bowls on Saturday 16th March. R100.00 a ticket with snacks at interval. This is a wonderful evening. To book your seat please contact Barbara on firstname.lastname@example.org A show not to be missed. See you there
- The Club Draw will take place on FRIDAY 5th APRIL. R1000.00 to be won!!!
- Pirates Rugby and Hockey Festival – Saturday 16th March
Here is a photo from the Charles Glass Society and Vodacom Cup game