Good Day Pirates Craft Beer Club Contributors
It is with great pleasure that we can announce the details of the next beer club evening. Some of you may have already visited their brewery in the Maboneng Precinct, whilst others may have heard Andrew Martin on 702 this week. Needless to say that SMACK! Republic Brewery Co. is an up and coming brewery and we are very glad to have secured them for the November evening.
Launched 10 March 2013, SMACK! Republic Brewing Co. is the only micro-brewery in Joburg’s inner city. They’re an artisan brewery born from the desire of 3 beer enthusiasts to create curious flavours and smash boundaries. The paradox between old city allure and new age inspiration is the heartbeat of what SMACK! represents: “Be different. Drink bold. Forge the future.”
Details of the 4th evening is as follows:
- Brewery – SMACK! Republic Brewing Co.
- Date – 14th November 2013
- Time – 19:00
- Entrance Fee – R50 (includes light meal and tasting beers)
SMACK! are bringing the following beers:
- The Bree Street Belle (Style: Golden Ale) – With its moderate bitterness and subtle floral nose, it provides a fitting gateway into the world of craft beer.
- The Maboneng Maverick (Style: Biere De Saison) – Brewed with added wheat malt, and infused with naartjie peel and black pepper, it provides a citrus nose with a peppery dry finish.
- The Braamfontein Brawler (Style: India Pale Ale) – As the name suggests this is a tough beer, high on bitterness, with a complex aroma consisting of passion fruit and pine notes.
- Something for the Ladies – Andrew has indicated that they have some surprises for us, one of which will be to bring a beer that suits the advanced tasting palettes of the fairer sex
You all know the drill by now. This email has only been sent to the PCBC mailing list. You need to make sure that you get your friends onto the mailing list which you can do by contacting either Non (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dave (email@example.com).
These 3 young brewers are already seasoned entertainers and hosts, this is an evening that cannot be missed. To that end all that is left to do is for you to confirm your attendance, as usual space is limited and allocated on first come first served basis.
A glass in the hand’s worth two on the shelf—
Tipple it down and refresh yourself!
Dave & Non
Random Beer Fact #35
The strongest beer on record, with an alcohol content of 24% (48 proof) was Samuel Adam’s Utopia MMII. That record was broken by Samuel Adam’s Utopia III (25% ABV). Whew! Now the record belongs to Brewmeister’s Armageddon from Scotland, with a head whomping 65 percent ABV!!!